Midtown Assistance Center’s services are available, by appointment only (please no walk ins), to residents of six Atlanta zip codes (30303, 30308, 30309, 30313, 30312, 30314, and 30315, funding permitting).
When you call for an appointment we perform a pre-screening which helps us determine if you meet eligibility requirements. You will be asked to bring in certain forms of documentation when you come for your appointment. It is very important that you arrive on time, bring identification and any requested documents.
|Wednesday:||1:00pm-4:00pm and 5:00pm-7:00pm|
Rent or Utility Assistance
- Must be employed or very recently unemployed (within 6 months.)
- Must be primary resident of the home in which rent/utility is being paid.
- Must have a signed, legal lease.
- Must have at least a six (6) month history at present residence. MAC cannot assist with utilities at a previous address.
- For rental assistance, landlord must be a legitimate realty company registered with the GA Secretary of State
- Must be able to verify that you have sufficient income to keep up with future rent and or utility payments if MAC is able to help. MAC requires that the total of rent and utilities combined be 50% or less of total, verifiable, monthly take-home income. For example, if your rent plus utilities amounts to $400/month, you would need to show take-home income of at least $800/month.
- MAC cannot assist with rent in government subsidized housing such as Atlanta Housing Authority or Section 8.
- Must provide any additional documentation necessary to substantiate need for assistance (i.e. receipts from unexpected bills, police reports, doctor reports).
- Clients are expected to pay as much as possible toward the rent or utility bill.
- Financial assistance is once in a lifetime
- All financial cases must complete a Budget Analysis Form.
Documents necessary for financial assistance:
- Eviction or late notice, if you have one.
- Letter from landlord documenting current rent status and amount owed. It must be signed, dated, and itemized.
- Pay stubs from most recent 3 months of employment.
- Money order or payment receipt for funds toward the balance.
- Additional documentation as needed.
Georgia ID Assistance
- Must have Original Birth Certificate/Certified Copy, Georgia voters card and Social Security card/printout.
- Must show that you are unable to pay for ID fee.
- Georgia ID assistance is not limited to zip code.
- Lifetime limit – one ID.
For more information on Georgia Department of Driver Services requirements for ID, please click this link. Georgia ID Requirements
You are eligible for food assistance up to four times a year.
- Must substantiate need for assistance and live within zip codes served.
- Must have lease in an apartment or other verification of residence.
- Must have applied for food stamps, or be willing to apply, before food will be given a second time.
Documents necessary for food assistance:
- Current lease or utility bill
- Additional documentation as needed.
MARTA Breeze Card Assistance
- Must have verifiable, permanent employment and have not received first paycheck.
- MAC will assist with transportation to temporary jobs only if it can be confirmed as a long-term assignment or a temp-to-perm assignment.
- A life-time maximum of 4 weekly Breeze cards or equivalent round-trip cards is provided.
Documents necessary for MARTA assistance:
- Documentation to verify employment.
Special work shoes can be purchased for men or women beginning new employment if specific shoes are required and the employer does not provide them:
- You must have permanent, full-time employment.
- You must have a letter from your employer, on company letterhead, stating what type of work shoes are necessary to begin employment.
- This assistance is not limited by zip code.
Men’s Clothing Assistance
- MAC has clothing for men who are employed or interviewing for jobs.
- One set of clothing for those interviewing for employment; 2 sets for confirmed employment if you are permanently housed.
- Clothing assistance is limited to 3 times per year with a maximum of 2 sets of clothing per 30 days.
- Clothing assistance is not limited to zip code.